With top exhibitors like Tetra Pak, Bosch, DuPont and Chr. Hansen leading a Who’s Who of the industry, ProFood Tech 2019 (March 26–28; McCormick Place, Chicago), is set to convene 7,000 processing professionals over 125,000 net square feet of exhibit floor. Produced by three of the world’s trade show leaders, PACK EXPO, Koelnmesse - organizer of Anuga, and the International Dairy Food Association (IDFA), this is the only event in North America focused exclusively on all food and beverage sectors.
ProFood Tech has massive support from across market sectors and is unrivaled in its ability to bring the processing industry together and address the most critical issues. The three-day event’s 400 exhibitors will showcase cutting-edge crossover technologies and innovative solutions for dairy, beverage, baking and snack, meat/poultry/seafood, confectionery, grain/mill/cereal, fruits and vegetables, pet food/pet care and ingredients professionals.
“PMMI, Koelnmesse and IDFA are thrilled with the high-quality suppliers that will be exhibiting their technologies at this year’s ProFood Tech,” says Laura Thompson, senior director, expositions, PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, and owner and producer of the PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows. “Adding value to the industry is our primary goal, and we are confident that all attendees will find new and innovative solutions to their greatest challenges.”
In addition to Tetra Pak, Bosch, DuPont and Chr. Hansen, other key innovators exhibiting at ProFood Tech 2019 include:
- ABB Inc.
- Azo Inc.
- Barry-Wehmiller (Pneumatic Scale)
- Galdi Srl
- Mettler Toledo
- Poul Tarp A/S
- Schubert North America
- SIG Combibloc
- Südpack Verpackungen GmbH
A comprehensive list of 2019 exhibitors can be found here.
Denis Steker, vice president international of Koelnmesse (organizer of Anuga) confirms Thompson’s sentiments.
“ProFood Tech will enable attendees to explore growth opportunities by learning about new technology and techniques to boost production, efficiency and profits, ultimately to maintain a competitive edge in this rapidly evolving industry,” Steker says.
Aside from the stellar exhibitor line-up, ProFood Tech also offers world-class educational offerings, networking events and award ceremonies.
ProFood Tech Knowledge Hub – The free educational program produced by IDFA will offer a targeted range of learning experiences from industry thought leaders in three separate venues on the show floor.
- The Impact Zone will encourage interactive discussions and offer opportunities to learn from the experiences and successes of industry colleagues.
- The Innovation Zone will feature breakthrough technologies, ideas and formulations designed to spark creativity, help find solutions and uncover fresh opportunities.
- The Disruption Zone will deliver a line-up of sessions for professionals to learn more about implementing disruptive technologies to meet consumer demands.
“This program is an exciting, convenient way to tackle your most pressing business challenges where you will hear fresh ideas and strategies from respected leaders in the food and beverage industry, discuss best practices and examine consumer trends that are changing the food and beverage landscape,” says Neil Moran, IDFA senior vice president of finance, administration and trade show.
Cold Pressure Council Annual Conference – Convened by PMMI, the conference is dedicated to High Pressure Processing (HPP) and will feature insights from leading food processors and service-supplier experts on HPP best practices, the latest market trends and tips for packaging HPP products.
Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN) Breakfast – The PPWLN networking breakfast at ProFood Tech provides an opportunity to connect with peers and support women's careers in packaging and processing.
2018 Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards –ProFood World is honoring exceptional sustainability achievements within food and beveragemanufacturing operations. These annual peer-reviewed awards will recognize manufacturing plants for their efforts in driving improved performance through sustainability, honoring those companies and individuals that seek to go beyond environmental compliance. Specifically, the awards focus on pollution prevention, enhanced environmental protection and stewardship, as well as compliance assurance.
2019 Manufacturing Innovation Awards –ProFood World will also recognize outstanding food and beverage processing and packaging innovation projects via the third annual Manufacturing Innovation Awards competition.
- Awards Reception – Join ProFood World magazine for a complimentary reception to celebrate the recipients of the Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards and Manufacturing Innovation Awards. Network with award-winning food and beverage companies that seek to go beyond environmental compliance and lead the industry via innovative packaging and processing projects. March 27 from 4:00–5:00 p.m. (Booth 1500).
International Pavilions– Beyond North American markets, there will be a large international presence at the show, with pavilions that include China, France, India and Taiwan.
The Dairy Pavilion – Presented by IDFA and due to proliferation in innovation, the newly expanded 50,000 square-foot Dairy Pavilion will allow dairy processors to see the latest technologies from 100 top dairy industry suppliers and gain the additional benefit of exploring crossover technologies from other industries, all at one show.
The Dairy Bar – Back by popular demand, the IDFA Dairy Bar will be serving up delicious dairy products and beverages on the ProFood Tech show floor. With a new-look and innovative dairy products, the Dairy Bar will feature cool beverages, the latest yogurt pairings, tasty cheese selections, everyone’s favorite ice creams and novelties and other exciting formulations. It’s a perfect opportunity to network with colleagues and enjoy a sampling of new product innovations and some old favorites.
Student Opportunities – ProFood Tech offers programs and activities aimed at getting students excited about careers in processing.
- CareerLink Live – CareerLink, PMMI’s online job board, is going live at ProFood Tech with an opportunity for PMMI members and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies to meet with students and veterans pursuing careers in packaging and processing. For more information on the career fair, please contact Kate Fiorianti at [email protected].
- Future Innovators Robotics Showcase – See local high school robotics teams showcase their design, engineering and troubleshooting skills right on the show floor.
Education Pavilion – schools that will be exhibiting include:
- Purdue University Northwest – Mechatronics program
- University of Illinois – Chicago
- Tuskegee University Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences
- Oklahoma State University Food & Agricultural Products Center
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln; Food Processing Center
Opening Day Reception – Tuesday, March 26 from 4:00–6:00 p.m. will provide an opportunity to gather with peers and network with fellow industry professionals.
Trends and Innovations Seminar – Capitalize on your time at ProFood Tech with The Trends and Innovations Seminar, sponsored byFood Business News. The event will highlight five of the most dynamic trends reshaping the food and beverage industry. For more information and to register, please visit www.soslandtrends.com.Registration to the seminar grants you free registration to ProFood Tech.
Registration for ProFood Tech is $30 until March 1 after which the price will increase to $100. Register online at www.profoodtech.com.