Here are the numbers…
- Worldwide in 2018, 58.7 percent of all printed packaging is food packaging.
- A total of 394.6 billion square metres of primary food packaging will be printed in 2018.
- Printing for food packaging will grow at 3.6 percent year-on-year across 2018-2023, compared to 0.8 percent for the overall print market,
- Folding cartons and flexible packaging are the most lucrative formats, with market shares by value of 22.9 percent and 26.1 percent, respectively in 2018
- The total value of food contact inks and coatings will rise from $2.02 billion to $3.20 billion in 2023, with growth fastest in UV/EB curing and water-based formulations
- The output of food packaging on inkjet printers will more than double across the next five years.
- New regulatory requirements are on the horizon with specific regulations on printing inks in the EU, Japan and China.
- Asia is the largest global region for food packaging printing with a market share of 38 percent in 2018, rising to 41.3 percent in 2023.
For more information click here.
Companies in this article