Premier flour-milling and ingredient company Ardent Mills has released its sustainability report for fiscal year 2019.
Some of the company’s accomplishments include:
- Recycling 400 tons of waste and saving 6,766 trees since beginning the initiative to recycle paper in the Newton facility
- Diverting 80,409 lb of material from landfill
- Reducing 3,779 tons of greenhouse gases over fiscal year 2018
- Discovering water-saving opportunities for farmers in the San Luis Valley
- Aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals targeted at zero hunger, responsible consumption and production, and climate action