This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style.
IDEC SA2E general-purpose photoelectric sensors feature a new application-specific integrated circuit, allowing them to deliver better response times and more capable detection.
The sensors are offered in five major variations:
- T: Through-beam for detecting objects passing between emitter/receiver pairs
- P: Polarized retro-reflective for detecting objects passing between the receiver and a reflector, even in difficult lighting conditions
- D: Diffused-reflective for detecting targets by the light reflected from the target
- B: Background suppression reflective for reliable detection of a variety of targets by the light reflected by the target
- N: Small beam reflective for close detection of small targets
The sensors offer response times to 0.5 ms for better detection of smaller and faster-moving objects. They are switchable between “light-on” and “dark-on” operating modes; applicable models have an on-board sensitivity or range adjustment potentiometer. Sensing distances range up to 20 m for through-beam, up to 5 m for retro-reflective, and between 10 and 1,000 mm for other reflective models.
Electrically, the control output is connectable as NPN/PNP open collector with output reverse-polarity protection. The devices consume low current on the order of 20 to 35mA, at supply voltages of 12 to 24 VDC, with the ability to switch up to 100mA maximum.
The SA2E PE sensors are compact at 10.8 x 19.5 x 31.5 mm and are built to operate in a range of temperatures from -30 to 55℃. An optional air blower allows stable detection, even in dusty or misty environments.
The sensors can be used as a detection option for material handling equipment, freight elevators, automated guided vehicles, robotics, pick-and-place systems, packaging machines, and other types of applications.