- The Specialty Food Association board of directors has named Phillip M. Kafarakis as president of the not-for-profit trade association.
- National Beverage Corp. has promoted Alan Chittaro to the position of president of Faygo Beverages.
- Plex Systems has acquired DemandCaster.
- Niagara Bottling is planning to build a $95 million manufacturing and bottling operation in Chesterfield County, VA. Production is expected to begin in March. Initially, the company will hire 76 workers.
- The International Society of Automation (ISA) is accepting applications for its 2017 educational scholarships, which will be awarded to college and university students who demonstrate outstanding potential for long-range contributions in the fields of automation, instrumentation and control.
- The METTLER TOLEDO Product Inspection Division will be building a new state-of-the-art facility in Tampa, FL. Expected to be completed in late 2017, it also will house of the Hi-Speed Checkweighing business, which is planned to relocate from Ithaca, NY in 2018.
- Labatt Food Service has opened a new $28 million, 65,000-sq.-ft. meat cooking facility in San Antonio, TX.
- Hempler Foods Group LLC has entered into an agreement to acquire the business and certain assets of Washington-based Fletcher’s Fine Foods.
- Key Technology has promoted Bert Switten to the position of area sales manager for central and northern California.
- Patricia Scroggin has been chosen to lead an expanded power group for Burns & McDonnell, a company made up of engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists, consultants and entrepreneurs throughout the world.
In the news August 2016: Specialty Food Association's Phillip M. Kafarakis
The latest update on people, plants, associations and industry activities.
Aug 26th, 2016