Diageo has announced its Society 2030: Spirit of Progress plan, with goals selected to align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Included in the plan are the commitments to by 2030:
- Attain 100% renewable energy for net zero carbon emissions across direct operations and work with suppliers to reduce indirect carbon emissions by 50%
- Ensure every drink it produces takes 30% less water to make than it does today and achieve a net positive water impact in its key water-stressed basins and communities
- Deliver over 150 community water projects across the world, including providing access to clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Support over 150,000 smallholder farmers with farming techniques to regenerate the land and build biodiversity
- Use 100% recycled content in plastic packaging and make 100% of Diageo’s packaging widely recyclable.
The company also has launched Diageo’s Sustainable Solutions, a global platform that will provide non-equity funding to startup and technology companies to help Diageo continue to embed sustainability in its supply chain and brands.