The Process Powder-Solutions Mag-Ram self-cleaning magnet collects ferrous metal fragments without human interaction. The design of the USDA Dairy-accepted magnet pneumatically retracts the magnet rods, rotates them, and wipes the magnetic materials to the end and into a collection chamber. The rotation provided by the cleaning equalizes abrasive wear, while avoiding material buildup on the magnet rods. Automatic cleaning can take place during, before, or after production runs. Applications include the extraction of work-hardened stainless steel, wear iron, and tramp metal. The magnet offers 10,000+ gauss reading. Units can be sized to suit existing chutes and hoppers, and to replace existing low-strength or inefficient grate magnets.
- Eliminates risk of bacterial contamination caused by human ingress
- Allows easy collection of metal extractions for analysis
- Has no sleeves for product residual to build up
- Offers excellent product stream coverage that optimizes separation and efficiency
- Requires minimal, simple, economical maintenance
- Eliminates downtime during production