Stäubli Robotics will be in Booth 645 at CheeseExpo, demonstrating its HE (humid environment) line of robots developed specifically for the strict hygienic requirements of food production.
Stäubli’s HE robotic arms are the market-leader in food processing, due to a unique hygienic design that eliminates the risk of contamination while optimizing efficiency and productivity. These and other capabilities make them ideal for many applications in cheese and other dairy production, such as unwrapped food handling, waterjet cutting, slicing, molding and demolding, turning, spraying, loading, and unloading, as well as packaging and palletizing. They are also well equipped to withstand the intensive washdown applications required to ensure regulatory compliance.
At CheeseExpo, Stäubli will demonstrate how its TX2-90 HE six-axis robot deftly handles ultrasonic cutting, cheese mold flipping, and washdown applications. In real-life scenarios, the TX2-90 HE has proven its ability to de-rind and coat irregularly shaped blocks of cheese and routinely undergo cleaning with aggressive detergents.
Designed for wet/humid environments and full washdown applications, all HE robots feature:
- Fully enclosed and pressurized structure to prevent microorganism penetration and avoid condensation
- Hygienic design with smooth, rounded, and tilted surfaces to eliminate liquid retention
- Full compatibility with NSF H1 food-grade lubricant without loss of performance
- Protection against pressure jets of water (IP65) and immersion (IP67)
- Crucial components in stainless steel with special coating to withstand extreme conditions
- No external cables—all connections routed through the arm and base
- Unique, cylindrical envelope and small footprint
- Patented Stäubli proprietary JCS gearbox for accuracy, repeatability, and durability
The HE series, including four- and six-axis ranges, ranges in size and payload from 1 kg to 150 kg. All have the flexibility of multiple mounting options, allowing easy integration into production lines.