The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announces the appointment of 10 members to the National Advisory Committee on Meat and Poultry Inspection (NACMPI).
Speaking of NACMPI, Under Secretary for Food Safety Dr. Mindy Brashears says, “Together these 20 members represent a multitude of perspectives and bring a variety of expertise to the committee. Their knowledge and advice will play a key role in informing USDA’s food safety decisions to ensure the U.S. continues to have one of the safest food systems in the world.”
The new NACMPI members appointed to serve two-year terms are:
- Mr. Gregory Gunthorp, Gunthorp Farms
- Dr. Alice Johnson, Butterball, LLC
- Dr. Denise Perry, Lorentz Meats
- Ms. Sarah Sorscher, Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Ms. Teresa Schwartz, Center for Foodborne Illness Research and Prevention (ret.)
Five previous NACMPI members’ terms were extended by one year:
- Dr. Amilton De Mello, University of Nevada
- Mr. Thomas Gremillion, Consumer Federation of America
- Mr. James Jenkins, Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry
- Ms. Tina Rendon, Pilgrim’s Pride Corp.
- Ms. Kimberly Rice, Rose Acre Farms
See the full list of NACMPI members.
See it Live at PACK EXPO Connects Nov. 9-13: Improve Tray Shrink Results with EDL Servo Control Wrap Around Designs, by EDL Packaging Engineers. Preview the Showroom Here.
Join us for “The Most Engaging Virtual Event for the Entire Industry” at PACK EXPO Connects, November 9-13. Live demos of equipment and products, live chat with product experts, expedited product search, and more. Attendee registration open now!