In April of 2017, ProFood World will recognize outstanding food and beverage processing and packaging innovation projects via the first annual Manufacturing Innovation Awards competition.
The awards will be presented during the inaugural ProFood Tech, scheduled for April 4-6 at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
The types of projects eligible for the Manufacturing Innovation Awards include:
- Major plant expansion
- Major plant renovation
- Greenfield facility
- Brownfield facility
- Major line expansion incorporating ground-breaking technology
- Major plant automation upgrades
- Major plant food safety upgrades
- Major plant sustainability upgrades
- Overall plant efficiency upgrades.
Projects completed in the past 18 months are eligible to compete. Entries must be based on a single plant location; company-wide programs / projects are not eligible for this award.
The judging panel will review the following criteria:
- High level of technology advancement in processing and packaging machinery
- Level of automation, software and controls
- New-to-the-industry use of technology
- Major efficiency and cost savings
- Major line changeover, flexible manufacturing, food safety, sustainability and maintenance improvement achievements
- Exceptional worker recruitment and engagement programs; employee welfare programs
- Outstanding use of tools/methods such as OEE, lean manufacturing and TCO.
Entries may be submitted by food and beverage manufacturing companies or major suppliers to the plant. Finished food or beverage plants, including pet food facilities, are eligible for the award. The plant must process and / or package food or beverage products. (Please note that nutraceutical or ingredient plant projects are not eligible for these awards.)
All entries must be submitted by January 17, 2017.