This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style.
The Carlo Gavazzi DCT Series DC energy meter meets or exceeds DC metering requirements in fast chargers for electric vehicles (EV DC fast charging). The DCT1 is designed for global applications and enables a metering system that can be certified according to the requirements of the U.S. Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (EVSE), European and German calibration, and cybersecurity laws. It can be used for legal conformance in several European countries while waiting for a harmonized and common EU regulation.
The DCT1 Series is designed for accurate measurements in new and emerging DC current applications, such as EV charging stations and PV energy storage, in full compliance with the latest international standards.
• Integrates voltage measurement, power supply, and RS485 port (with signature)
• Adapts to different charger controllers
• Offers a measurement range from 150 to 1,000 VDC, 300 A or 600 A max
• Has a 90- x 115- x 60-mm housing
• Includes DIN mounting with additional screw terminals for back panel installation
• Is mountable, with both bus bar and cable lug, in different orientations
• Provides energy resolution of 0.0001 kWh to meet EVSE certification requirements
• Makes calibrations based on internal temperature sensors to meet accuracy requirements under any condition