ProFood World is pleased to announce that the Call for Entries is now open for its second annual Manufacturing Innovation Awards. In June 2018, ProFood World will recognize food and beverage processing and packaging innovation projects via this annual competition. Entries may be submitted by food and beverage manufacturing companies or major suppliers to the plant. Finished food or beverage plants, including pet food facilities, are eligible for the award. The plant must process and / or package food or beverage products.
Three awards will be conferred:
- Manufacturing Innovation of the Year
- 2nd place Manufacturing Innovation of the Year
- 3rd place Manufacturing Innovation of the Year
Types of projects eligible for the award include major expansions, greenfield or brownfield, and major line expansions incorporating ground-breaking technology. Projects completed in the past 18 months are eligible (July 2016 to December 2017). Entries must be based on a single plant location.
The judging criteria includes:
- High level of technology advancement in processing and packaging machinery
- Level of automation, software and controls
- New-to-the-industry use of technology
- Major efficiency and cost savings
- Major line changeover, flexible manufacturing, food safety, sustainability and maintenance improvement achievements
- Exceptional worker recruitment and engagement programs; employee welfare programs
- Outstanding use of tools/methods such as OEE and lean manufacturing
All entries must be submitted by January 22, 2018.
A maximum of 15 pages describing the plant’s technological advances must be included. An application form, supporting documents and images should be formatted in one low-res PDF and emailed to Joyce Fassl, Editor in Chief of ProFood World, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Download your entry form at https://www.profoodworld.com/mia-awards-details.
All projects must be completed and fully functional in the first quarter of 2018 for a tour by the PFW team if chosen.