In June 2020 at ProFood Live!, ProFood World will recognize outstanding food and beverage processing and packaging innovation projects via the fourth annual Manufacturing Innovation Awards competition. All entries must be submitted by January 17, 2020.
Three awards will be conferred:
- Manufacturing Innovation of the Year
- 2nd place Manufacturing Innovation of the Year
- 3rd place Manufacturing Innovation of the Year
Types of projects eligible for the award
- Major plant expansion
- Major plant renovation
- Greenfield facility
- Brownfield facility
- Major line expansion incorporating ground-breaking technology
- Major plant automation upgrades
- Major plant food safety upgrades
- Major plant sustainability upgrades
- Overall plant efficiency upgrades
Projects completed in the past 18 months are eligible to compete (June 2018 to December 2019). Entries must be based on a single plant location. Company-wide programs/projects are not eligible for this award.
- High level of technology advancement in processing and packaging machinery
- Level of automation, software and controls
- New-to-the-industry use of technology
- Major efficiency and cost savings
- Major line changeover, flexible manufacturing, food safety, sustainability and maintenance improvement achievements
- Exceptional worker recruitment and engagement programs; employee welfare programs
- Outstanding use of tools/methods such as OEE, lean manufacturing etc.
Entries may be submitted by food and beverage manufacturing companies or major suppliers to the plant. Finished food or beverage plants, including pet food facilities, are eligible for the award. The plant must process and / or package food or beverage products. (Please note that nutraceutical or ingredient plant projects are not eligible for these awards.)
All entries must be submitted by January 17, 2020.
A maximum of 15 pages describing the plant’s technological advances based on the judging criteria, must be included.
Photos and Videos
- Include plant floor and schematics photos to support the entry, with a maximum of 15 images. These images can be in addition to the 15-page written entry.
- Include plant floor videos, if available
- Include photos of finished foods products, brand logos and company logos
Your entry form and supporting documents and images should be formatted in one low-res PDF and emailed to Joyce Fassl, Editor in Chief of ProFood World, at email@example.com.
Please note: All winning entries must be available for editorial plant tours in the first quarter of 2020.
Awards presentation will be held at ProFood Live! in June 2020.
Winning plants will be featured in ProFood World 2020 issues.
Manufacturing Innovation Awards Past Winners
For more information, please contact:
Joyce Fassl, Editor in Chief of ProFood World
2020 Manufacturing Innovation Awards Entry Form
PLEASE INCLUDE THIS FORM WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY.
Entries are due on January 17, 2020. Email this form along with your entry and supporting images to: firstname.lastname@example.org